The section 52a of the German Drug Law enforces all the medical and medical manufacturers to get authorization in order to sell medical services and products. With that said, all the distributors and medical facility owners evaluate and work with only those manufacturers who provide authentic and quality medicines. It makes sure that all the known medical manufacturers in Germany have medical products and equipment. Especially that you can trust. But you also have to figure out if they provide the services and products that your medical facility needs. For that matter, we have come up with the list of top three medical manufacturers in Germany for 2020.
Our third and Last Medical Manufacturer Pick is Merck KGaA
The medical and chemical organization Merck KGaA emerged from a little pharmacy or dispensary that was founded in the 17th century in Darmstadt. The descendants of Friedrich Jakob Merck (who was the founder of the company) are still the owners. It is also one of those medical manufacturers that you can trust blindly. The only thing that you need to make sure of is whether their products are what your medical facility needs or not.
- Creation Date: Merck KGaA came into shape back in 1668, but it was re-founded in 1891 in its current form.
- Annual Turnover: Merck KGaA reached an annual turnover of approximately 19 billion US dollars in 2019.
- Number of Employees: According to the stats of December 2019, the total employees of Merck KGaA are 57,000 worldwide and 9000 alone in Germany.
- Head Office: The head office of Merck KGaA is in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Medical Lines: The most prominent medical lines of Merck KGaA are Life Science, Healthcare, Performance Materials, Fertility, General Medicine, Neurology, Immunology, and Oncology.
- Main Products: Merck KGaA is known for medical products and equipment; Singulair, Cozaar, Hyzaar, Januvia, Janumet Remicade, Zetia, Temodar, Nasonex, Fosamax, and Gardasil
- Market Share: Merck KGaA has a market capitalization of 62.83 billion US dollars.
- Other Important Aspect: Merck KGaA is the world’s oldest medical and medical manufacturer.
- Presence in Countries: Merck KGaA has a current presence in more than 66 countries.
- Total Number of Products: Novartis produces over 100 types of different medical products.
Bayer is Our Second Pick for the Top Medical Manufacturer in Germany
Bayer is basically a merger of Schering and Bayer, and currently, it has over 100 subsidiaries across the globe. It is a part of the medical Division, and it manufactures a vast range of medical products. If the product line matches your medical facility, then it is one of the best choices for you. You can read the online reviews to figure out if it is the medical manufacturer in Germany you are looking for but we can tell you that this organization is trustworthy.
- Creation Date: Bayer started working back in 2006, and in that short period of time, it has become popular worldwide.
- Annual Turnover: The annual revenue of Bayer is amazingly 21 billion US dollars.
- Number of Employees: Bayer currently has 40,000 employees working across the globe for the company.
- Head Office: The headquarter or Bayer is in Leverkusen, Germany.
- Medical Lines: The most important medical line Bayer is working are Specialty Medicine Diagnostic Imaging, Women’s Healthcare, and especially the General Medicine
- Main Products: The products for which Bayer is famous for are MiraLAX, Acceleron, Claritin, Adalat, Alka-Seltzer, Aleve, and Midol
- Market Share: The total market share of Bayer is about 63.50 billion dollars currently.
- Other Important Aspect: Bayer is most famous for path-breaking product Aspirin that you must have heard about. It is one of the best anti-inflammatory pain relievers known to humanity.
- Presence in Countries: Bayer is currently working in 80 different countries with complete stability.
- Total Number of Products: Bayer is one of the most versatile medical manufacturers, and it currently produces 107 types of different medical products.
Our Best German Medical Manufacturer Pick is Boehringer Ingelheim
Boehringer is one of the largest and most successful medical manufacturers not only in Germany but in the whole world. It is basically a family-owned organization that has now become a leading research-based medical manufacturer. It produces a vast array of different products, and it can support your medical facility in the best possible way if you are from Germany.
- Creation Date: Boehringer was founded back in 1885, and since then, it has been in the medical business working efficiently and successfully.
- Annual Turnover: The annual turnover of Boehringer is over $22 billion.
- Number of Employees: The total number of Boehringer’s employees worldwide is over 51,000, according to the 2019 report.
- Head Office: The head office of Boehringer is in Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany.
- Medical Lines: The medical lines of Boehringer are prescription drugs, biopharmaceuticals, medical production self-medication drugs, animal health products, and medical chemicals
- Main Products: The most famous drugs that Boehringer produces are Spiriva, Pradaxa, Giotrif, Jardiance, OFEV, and Praxbind
- Market Share: The total market share of Boehringer is about 65 billion dollars, according to 2019.
- Other Important Aspect: Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest private medical company in the whole world.
- Presence in Countries: Boehringer Ingelheim is present in 40 different countries worldwide.
- Total Number of Products: Boehringer Ingelheim produces 30 different types of products.
Final Word Regarding the Best Medical Manufacturer in Germany for 2020
These are the top medical manufacturers in Germany that you want to work with. They will support your medical organization or facility by all possible means. Moreover, getting their name as your medical partner is something that your medical facility needs. If you are from Germany, then we hope that working with these medical manufacturers with medical products and equipment will help and support your medical business.