The United Kingdom is a pioneer in medical and clinical device manufacturing. These industries are growing emphatically, increasingly, and well developed throughout the country. They provide both medical products and equipment as well. At present, seven of the world’s leading medical organizations are working in the UK with some of the best Medical Device manufacturing companies in the world.
On the off chance that you’ve ended up searching for another profession and are thinking about a move into this industry, there is an enormous number of organizations available for you.
Our Third and Last Pick For Best Medical Manufacturer in the UK is AstraZeneca
Currently, AstraZeneca manufactures a vast array of medical products such as treatments and anesthetics for cancer and diabetes. The annual turnover makes it one of the strongest players in the medical industry of the world. According to the reviews of Statista and Bloomberg, it is one of those companies that can undoubtedly support your medical facility with exceptional support. Moreover, as far as the reviews of its partners are concerned, it is still one of the best medical manufacturers to work with but we recommend you do your own research.
- Creation Date: AstraZeneca started functioning in 1999 with the merger of the UK’s Zeneca Group and Swedish Astra AB.
- Annual Turnover: The total annual revenue that AstraZeneca generated last year was $24 billion US dollars.
- Number of Employees: AstraZeneca is the employer of 59,000 people worldwide, with 6700 in the UK alone.
- Head Office: The headquarter of AstraZeneca is present in AstraZeneca PLC 1 Francis Crick Avenue Cambridge Biomedical Campus Cambridge CB2 0AA UK, United Kingdom.
- Medical Lines: The medical lines of AstraZeneca are especially treatments and anesthetics for cancer, neuroscience, diabetes, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, respiratory, inflammation, infectious disease, and oncology.
- Main Products: The most famous medical products that AstraZeneca produces are Atacand, Crestor, Lokelma, Seloken, and especially Betaloc ZOK, XIGDUO XR, BYETTA
- Market Share: The total market share of AstraZeneca is about 112.54 billion US dollars.
- Other Important Aspect: AstraZeneca was ranked the second-best employer in the whole UK in 2016.
- Presence in Countries: AstraZeneca is physically active in 86 different countries of the world.
- Total Number of Products: AstraZeneca manufactures well over 40 medical drugs.
Our Second Best UK’s Medical Manufacturer is Novartis
Novartis is yet another well-known medical manufacturer, and in the past two and a half decades, it has progressed by leaps and bounds. It is the result of a merger of two massive companies which are Sandoz and Ciba-Geigy. In terms of contact lens production, it competes with the world-leading organizations through its Alcon subsidiary.
The annual turnover in 2019 it reached was an increase of over five percent as compared to the 2018 report. All of these stats and facts make Novartis one of the best medical manufacturers especially that you want to work with. But our recommendation is to check the reviews of its previous customers to finalize if it meets your requirements.
- Creation Date: Novartis came into existence back in 1996 by Johann Rudolf Geigy-Merian and Alexander Clavel.
- Annual Turnover: The total annual revenue that Novartis generated last year was $48.67 billion US dollars.
- Number of Employees: Novartis is the employer of 125,161 people worldwide with 1500 alone in the UK.
- Head Office: The head office of Novartis is located in The WestWorks, 195 Wood Ln, London W12 7FQ, United Kingdom.
- Medical Lines: The medical lines of Novartis are generic drugs, contact lenses, medical, generic drugs, animal health, vaccines, contact lenses
- Main Products: The most famous drugs that Novartis produces are clozapine, diclofenac, carbamazepine, valsartan, imatinib mesylate, cyclosporine, letrozole, methylphenidate, terbinafine, deferasirox
- Market Share: The total market share of Novartis is about 198.13 billion US dollars.
- Other Important Aspect: Novartis is one of the most successful and biggest medical manufacturers by both market sales and capitalization
- Presence in Countries: Novartis is physically active in 155 different countries of the world.
- Total Number of Products: Novartis manufactures well over 100 medical products.
Sanofi is Our Best Pick for Uk’s Top Medical Manufacturer
Sanofi covers medical areas to treat diseases such as oncology, thrombosis, and cardiovascular. Sanofi’s subsidiary company produces specialized vaccines, names as Sanofi Pasteur. In 2016 Sanofi was at the 233rd number on the Fortune Global 500. If you want to work with this company, you can check the reviews of its previous partners to decide if it’s the perfect fit for your medical facility. Our observation and research signify that it is undoubtedly one of the best medical manufacturers especially in the UK.
- Creation Date: Sanofi started as a compan back in 2004 after Sanofi-Synthélabo acquired the Aventis.
- Annual Turnover: The total annual revenue that Sanofi generated in 2019 was over $46 billion.
- Number of Employees: The total number of Sanofi’s employees worldwide is 104,226, with 1200 alone in the UK.
- Head Office: The head office of Sanofi is at 410 Thames Valley Park Drive Reading Berkshire RG6 1PT.
- Medical Lines: The medical lines of Sanofi are oncology, thrombosis, diabetes solutions, rare diseases, cardiovascular, and human vaccines
- Main Products: The most famous drugs that Sanofi produces are Adenocor, Anthisan Bite and Sting, Adenoscan, Anthisan Cream, AUBAGIO, AVAXIM, Aldurazyme, Apidra, Jardiance, Arava, Aprovel
- Market Share: The total market share of Sanofi is about 109.79 billion US dollars.
- Other Important Aspect: Sanofi is by far the largest producer of the vaccines in the whole world.
- Presence in Countries: Sanofi is currently working physically in 33 countries and sells its products to over 170 countries.
- Total Number of Products: Sanofi manufactures 73 different types of medical products.
Bottom Line about the Best Medical Manufacturers in the UK for 2020
These medical manufacturers in the UK are the best choices if you want to support your medical facility or pursue your career in this field. Not only will these manufacturers provide you with all the necessary medical products and instruments that uniquely your business needs, but they will also be more impactful regarding your business’ growth.